1) California has the highest poverty rate in America. Faced with problems of a shrinking tax base with 140,000 tax paying residents leaving last year, a growing high cost of living and additional social welfare programs, the poverty rate will most likely increase.
2) Turkey raises it interest rate to 24% as it’s currency plummets. In addition, Turkey blames the United States for its fiscal problems.
3) American industrial production jumps 0.4% in August, an increase for the third straight month.
4) President Trump has again up the ante by approving tariffs on another $200 billion dollars of Chinese products.
5) 14 SEP 18 Stock market closings:
Dow 26,154.67 up 8.68
Nasdaq 8,010.04 down 3.67
S&P 500 2,904.98 up 0.80
10 Year Yield: up at 2.99%
Oil: $68.98 up from $68.81