1) Eighteen states will increase their minimum wage starting in 2019, but eight of these states will have smaller initial increases with automatic increases that adjust the minimum wage to keep pace with price growth.
2) Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ has been reprogram to speak Spanish, so is being released for sale in Mexico as Amazon expands into the Mexican market.
3) The Federal Reserve has held interest rates the same, but signaled that most likely it will be increased this next month.
4) Amazon plans to split it’s new headquarters (HQ2) between two cities, Long Island City in New York and Arlington, Virginia.
5) 8 NOV 18 Stock market closings:
Dow 26,191.22 up 10.92
Nasdaq 7,530.88 down 39.87
S&P 500 2,806.83 down 7.06
10 Year Yield: up at 3.23%
Oil: down at $60.74