Uber the rideshare tech company, its stock tanked on its first official trading day on the NYSE, Friday, May 10, 2019 will be a day of turmoil on the Uber corporate calendar. It was a horrible trading day for the mammoth ride sharing tech company.
Uber declined close to 8% during the stock market trading day. The stock plummeting so much (in which it did), is the first time any stock has come out the gates on Wall St and lost so much market share. The valuation of Uber was at $76 billion dollars, when analysts had predicted that it would be valued around $90-$100 billion dollars, well that didn’t happen. Not only that, Uber has been bleeding money and the perception is that, Uber won’t actually make any real money until the year 2024, hopefully.
Uber being one of the biggest IPO companies probably since Alibaba, Facebook and a few others. So it to falter as it did was a shocker to some and to others, not so much. Technology companies tend not to fare well in the beginning of their IPO presence. Facebook had a rocky start coming out the gates and other big tech companies before it, have gone through similar revelations.
It’s the test of time that will dictate the longevity of Uber’s existence and if they can navigate their ship in theses rough and turbulent stock market waters. -SB
We are back like we never left of course, we had the pleasure of interviewing hip hop artist and musician Yoson Tala @Yoson_Tala007. Many people might know Yoson from being on tv shows, such as the @BadGirlsClub (Oxygen) & hit tv show on Fox @EmpireFox, he has been featured on Showtime’s @ShoTheChi & NBC’s @NBCChicagoFire, just to name a few.
Yoson @Yoson_Tala007 came on #TheCast
to discuss his musical endeavors, taping current episodes for Empire,
his upbringing in Gary, Indiana and Chicago, IL, as well as what strip
clubs he enjoys (Luisa L @LuisaModels chimes in * ;)* wink*….and much more ..
1) A second crash of a new Boeing 737 MAX 8 airliner, in just months, is raising doubts about its safety. Speaker Pelosi is calling on Boeing to ground all 737 MAX 8 airliners. The airliner was one in Ethiopia’s airline fleet, which like the first one, crashed just after takeoff killing all onboard. Reportedly, one of the Ethiopian pilots had only 200 hours experience, while American pilots typically average about 1,500 hours. In America 200 hours is only enough to qualify for a commercial license, but doesn’t allow a pilot to fly aircraft over 12,500 pounds (airliners). General rule – that at 300 hours a pilot is considered most dangerous and overconfident, and so gets into trouble, but doesn’t have the experience to get out of trouble.
2) The sudden questions of the Boeing’s 737 MAX 8 airlines caused Boeing’s stock to drop 9%. But even with a 9% drop in Boeing stock, the rise in tech stocks pushed the overall stock markets up.
3) Facebook is facing ever increasing series of problems starting with Senator Elizabeth Warren’s proposal to break up the company, then came Facebook’s longest outage of network and services. Followed by news of a criminal investigation into data agreements with other companies, then two of Facebook’s top executives left the company. Finally, the live movies of the New Zealand’s shooting massacre focusing the growing problem of hate on social media.
4) 15 MAR 19 Stock market closings:
Dow 25,848.87 up 138.93 Nasdaq 7,688.53 up 57.62 S&P 500 2,822.48 up 14.00
We’re back for another episode. Sammy BE @EcoFireTV, James, Lyman & Jon Don Sterling “On The Boards” @TheDramaBlock.
The trio had the pleasure to interview Nigeria’s media platform ObjecTvMedia’s Shomade Olwaaegun @Objectvmedia. He was able to describe what was going on the ground, in the recent Presidential/National Assembly elections in Nigeria.
Shomade was able to give a detailed account
and opinion on the respective candidates for the Nigerian presidency and
what the two major parties APC & PDP were doing to court youth
voters, and what INEC was doing to make sure that elections throughout
the country was free, fair and credible.
This is a must listen to episode, in its truest form.
THE CAST PODCAST… Back at it again, with another banging episode for your ears. Sammy BE @EcoFireTV & Luisa L. @LuisaModels, along with Jon Don Sterling “On The Boards” @TheDramaBlock.
this podcast episode, we had a special guest interviewee. Our guest
happens to be a super manager in the music and entertainment game, her
clientele ranges from Bobby V. (Bobby Valentino), Houston, Texas rap
legend Scarface (Gheto Boys), R&B duo group Ruff Endz, as well as
her other major accolades; we were able to interview Ms. Melinda
Santiago from (The Santiago Firm).
Melinda was able to give THE
CAST PODCAST, insight into the music biz and particularly on how she
runs her business. She provided context of what young artists
(Millennials, Gen Z) need to do to be heard and gain exposure to a
She also provided the ups and downs of the
entertainment business, and the struggles women have in the music
business; but also the strong backbone she has, to be able to survive
and progress in this male dominated business and industry.
This is an episode you surely do not want to miss.
New article posted below titled, “Failings of the Fourth Estate!”
1) An appropriations bill to keep the government open must go on the floor this Monday if it is to be passed and signed by the president to avoid government shut down this Friday.
2) The policy of South Africa appropriating the private property of white people, without any compensation, is driving South Africa’s economy downwards. This policy has been tried with other African nations with the devastating results of their educated white people fleeing, leaving no one knowledgeable in running the businesses. South Africa is also experiencing the beginnings of ‘brain drain’. With fears of South Africa becoming a failed state, and the threat of a socialist economy, investment is declining with the economy now static while its bond rating is now junk.
3) Representative Ocasio-Cortez’s proposal ‘Green New Deal’ is getting cool reception even from members of the Democratic party over the feasibility of its proposals. Plan makes no mention of how it would achieve its goals, but does raise fears of massive debt while also doing huge damage to manufacturing sector of the economy. One congressman ask why anyone would want to make America into another Venezuela. The Green New Deal looks like it will be a major topic in the 2020 election.
4) 8 FEB 19 Stock market closings:
Dow 25,106.33 down 63.20 Nasdaq 7,298.20 up 9.85 S&P 500 2,707.88 up 1.83
End of the year review for(2018)….. THE CAST Podcast or the #gangangang, Sammy BE & Luisa L. (missing Savannah Bee this episode), closed out the year with a bang.
gang discussed various topics that happened in 2018 and their thoughts
and views on certain topics. They also had a special guest, Busta Scher @Bustacher, who is a young social media talent on the world wide web. Busta
is the young social media talent, who actually develops social media
for the NBA. He created an online platform called HoopsNation @HoopsNation;
that focuses on high caliber star quality high school, college
basketball recruits, along with NBA superstardom. His platform has
allowed him to be the premier “social media go to guy” for the NBA
(National Basketball Association).
This is an end of year wrap up for 2018, that you don’t want to miss.. Happy New Year 2019 by the way…..
Wrap up of 2018 episode, Sammy BE (Bizman Bassey), James Lyman &
on the boards, magic Jon Don Sterling. The trio discussed topics and
issues ranging from economy, business, trade, and a little politics, for
the year of 2018.
Sammy and James spoke on the trade policies
with China, the new USMCA Trade Agreement between USA, Mexico, &
Canada (replacing of NAFTA). Problems that may have handicapped General
Motors (GM); Saudi Arabia policy & reporter death of Jamal
Khashoggi. The gentlemen ended of the 2018 year speaking of the
improving US economy (GDP) and the new Congress (Democratic House,
Republican led Senate), that will be entering in January 2019.
This a mouthful that you don’t want to miss, ending of 2018 wrap up episode…. Happy New Year… See You In 2019
On podcast episode #2 hosts Sammy BE, Luisa L, and Savannah Bee discuss popular trending topics in entertainment, music, media, sports and politics.
trio discussed topics ranging from the current separation of Cardi B
and Migos member Offset, TMZ newsworthiness, NFL abuse problems, and
updates on Tekashi 6ix9ine trial…
The group also discussed how MTA Bookings (Tekashi 69 former booking agency) cancelled an important interview with The Cast Podcast. Sammy BE details the back story on the cancellation of the prior interview.
This is an important podcast you don’t want to miss, so stay tuned..