By: Economic & Finance Report
Every year there is a study of the top best stock exchanges in Africa. Last year’s (2016) study was conducted by Jamelle Cole, CFA, CPA for Relentless Investment Research.
Mr. Cole’s analysis included indicators such as trade data, historical dividends, company evaluation/information, and trading hours by their respective exchanges. Each category for each trading exchange; the highest number they could possibly accumulate was a 5.
The top 10 stock trading exchanges in Africa that made the list for 2016 (last year) in numerical order, were countries such as:
- CSE (Casablanca Stock Exchange) (Morocco)
- ZSE (Zimbabwe Stock Exchange) (Zimbabwe)
- NSE (Nigerian Stock Exchange) (Nigeria)
- LuSE (Lusaka Stock Exchange) (Zambia)
- EGX (Egyptian Exchange) (Egypt)
- GSE (Ghana Stock Exchange) (Ghana)
- JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) (South Africa)
- USE (Uganda Securities Exchange) (Uganda)
- BSE (Botswana Stock Exchange) (Botswana)
- NSE (Namibian Stock Exchange) (Namibia)
There you have it; these are top stock and securities exchanges in Africa, for the year 2016. We shall see what the list has forthcoming in 2017…..-SB
*Study conducted by Mr. Jamelle Cole, CFA, CPA *Source: Relentless Investment Research*